A Baby’s First Year – What an adventure!
Last month we ran a survey with the members of Babyhuddle to find out about all the fun challenges real parents face during their baby’s first year. The results of this survey were both interesting and amazing, with a few surprise results thrown in for good measure. Some of the statistics really make you think about just what goes into parenting a baby in that first year!
Some of our favourite results were:
- 3,500 nappies are changed during the first year. 32% of them are soiled which means that in those first twelve months, the average parent will have to deal with 105kg of poo a year! Nice.
- A staggering £500 is spent on disposable nappies per year, which makes us think that now is as better time as any to brave it with cloth nappies?
- 62% of parents consider themselves to be a master chef when it comes to cooking great tasting, quick and healthy meals for their little ones. Time saving methods and devices are a necessity for many busy parents and a popular kitchen utensil for preparing your babies food is the Philips Avent Blender & Steamer.
- When we pondered on the eternal debate about which parent’s name your baby spoke first, the results showed a landslide victory for Daddy. 64% favoured him first, compared to only 28% for mummy.
- Probably the most stunning of all is the total distance a baby will travel in their first year- by shuffling, crawling, cruising squirming and possibly even walking. A grand total of 50Km is clocked up per year on average- or if you prefer, that’s the entire length of the Channel Tunnel! If you’d like to train your little for a marathon why not have a look at these walkers?
We think the results speak for themselves and we’d like to thank you if you took part in our survey. I’m still smarting over the fact that Daddy’s name was mentioned first but, there you go! If you liked this infographic why not share it on your blog? Here’s the embed code below:
Embed the graphic on your site